Make a homemade lamp, this is unusual
Homemade lamps are incredibly stylish and can make for a unique room. The key is to actually do the lampshade and get a good base for it. Furniture stores such as IKEA have started to sell “naked” lamps without shades.
Let’s see how to make lamp shades:
There are two key ways to make DIY lampshades:
- You buy a base which you then decorate on your own either with predefined patterns, hand drawing/painting or with any other materials.
- You actually prepare the whole lampshade along with its base
There are thousands of different designs and you can easily get an inspiration from the internet.
- Make a lampshade out of cardboard paper
- Use decoration paper and glue it to a base for it to create a nice impression
- You can use handwriting on the base for it to look instantly cooler
- Try henna or mosaic patterns on a base
- Recreate a small and light basket as a lampshade