An unusual carpet can be an excellent decoration
There are so many ways for you to create a unique carpet using all sorts of materials. Let’s see a few examples of that:
- Braided carpet: this is one of the most general way to make a carpet out of unused material or the material of clothes/shirts which won’t be worn any longer.
- Make a circular braided carpet with the help of a hula-hoop as a base
- Use thread or rope to create a carpet out of. You can do separate circles then glue them all together.
- Create a rug with the help of a halo-base and using knitting threads
- You can also create a rug with the same halo using pompons. This will make an especially fluffy looking rug for you.
- You can make a carpet with the help of a rope, doing a crochet.
- For the more advanced DIY-er you can even make a carpet out of river or sea stones and it looks excellent in the bathroom or in the garden.